Partners & Affiliates
The Invisible Borders Trans-African Photography Project kicked off without a proposal for funding to any organisation. It was first funded by the financial input of the artists who participated. It was important as a matter of ethics that the artists lay a foundation that is based on the will and passion of the artists involved. Besides, it was an idea we believed in and thought it was wise to test it out before proposing it for collaboration.
As a result of its success in the first edition, we decided to expand its activities and become more elaborate. We approached a few organisations that were more than glad to be of great support and we are grateful for their involvement, it made the 2010 project much more productive. We also hope to continue working with them and more, hand in hand as this initiative grows in strength and relevance. Here is a dropdown of organisations who have been of great support both financially and through act of goodwill. The year on the side corresponds to the year we received their support.
Click on the names to visit their websites.
- Arts Collaboratory (The Hague, The Netherlands) – 2011
- Canon Europe – 2011
- Institut Francais (Paris, France) – 2010/2011
- Desta for Africa (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) – 2011
- SHOOT ME FILM + MUSIC FESTIVAL (The Hague, The Netherlands) -2011
- Institut Francais De Tchad (N’djamena, Tchad) – 2011
- Demotix Online Photo Agency (UK) – 2011
- Goethe Institut Khartoum (Sudan) – 2011
- New Museum of New York (USA) – 2011
- Museum of Modern Arts (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) – 2011
- Culture Concepts (Abidjan, Ivory Coast) – 2011
- ALUKO & OYEBODE CHAMBERS (Lagos, Nigeria) – 2010
- Foto Ojeikere (Lagos, Nigeria) – 2010
- Alliance Francaise (Lagos, Nigeria) – 2010
- Cultures France (Paris, France) – 2009/ 2010
- Photo Garage Nigeria (Lagos, Nigeria) – 2009
- Heinrich Boll Stiftung Nigeria (Lagos, Nigeria) – 2010
- Ministry of Culture of Mali (Bamako, Mali) – 2009
We do hope that this list will continue to grow as our activities become more relevant. If you would like to support the initiative, it will be an honour and we are open to further discussion. Please write us through the contact page.